> > Climate & Temperature > Uk > Aberdeen, Scotland Climate > Sunshine/ Daylight Hrs/ Day Length

Uk flag

Sunshine & Daylight Hours in Aberdeen, Scotland, Uk

  • Sunshine hours in Aberdeen, Scotland range from 1h 30' for every day in December to 6h 06' to each day in June
  • The longest day of the year is 17h 37' long and the shortest day is 6h 22'long.
  • The longest day is 11h 15' longer than the shortest day.
  • There is an average of 1401 hours of sunlight per year (of a possible 4383) with an average of 3h 50' of sunlight per day.
  • It is sunny 32% of daylight hours. The remaining 68% of daylight hours are likely cloudy or with shade, haze or low sun intensity.
  • At midday the sun is on average 33.2° above the horizon at Aberdeen, Scotland.
  • The summer solstice is on June 21st (the northern soltice) when the sun reaches it's highest point 56.26° above the horizon.
  • The winter solstice is on December 21st (the southern solstice) when the midday sun is at it's lowest point of 9.48° above the horizon.
Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Annual
Average Sunlight Hours/ Day 1h 48' 2h 52' 3h 30' 4h 56' 5h 52' 6h 06' 5h 07' 4h 48' 4h 20' 3h 07' 2h 00' 1h 30'   3h 50'
Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day 7h 28' 9h 24' 11h 48' 14h 18' 16h 34' 17h 49' 17h 15' 15h 14' 12h 46' 10h 15' 8h 01' 6h 48'   12h 00'
Percentage of Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours 25 (75) 32 (68) 31 (69) 35 (65) 36 (64) 35 (65) 30 (70) 32 (68) 35 (65) 31 (69) 26 (74) 23 (77)   32 (68)
Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (°). 13 22.3 33.1 44.8 53 56.3 53.2 44.9 33.4 22 12.9 9.5   33.2

Hours of Sunshine & Daylight Nearby Aberdeen, Scotland, Uk

  • Orkney Islands, Uk - 200.7 kms (124.7 miles) NNW
  • Stornoway, Outer Hebridies, Uk - 270.2 kms (167.9 miles) WNW
  • Kinloss, Uk - 96.5 kms (60 miles) WNW
  • Dalwhinnie, Scotland, Uk - 126 kms (78.3 miles) WSW
  • Tiree, Uk - 294.7 kms (183.1 miles) WSW
  • Edinburgh, Scotland, Uk - 150.7 kms (93.6 miles) SSW
  • Glasgow, Scotland, Uk - 199.1 kms (123.7 miles) SW
  • Malin Head, Ireland - 375.7 kms (233.4 miles) WSW
  • Eskdalemuir, Scotland, Uk - 217.2 kms (135 miles) SSW
  • Ballykelly, Northern Ireland, Uk - 380 kms (236.1 miles) SW
  • Belfast-Aldergrove, Uk - 375.9 kms (233.6 miles) SW
  • Belfast, Northern Ireland, Uk - 376.7 kms (234.1 miles) SW
  • Douglas, Isle Of Man, Uk - 364.3 kms (226.4 miles) SSW
  • Manchester, England, Uk - 420.7 kms (261.4 miles) S

  • Identify similarities and differences in the Aberdeen climate with one of the following world cities or choose from one of 3601 other locations. See how they compare using relative colour highlight comparison tables and analysis (includes also distance data):

    Go up

    © 2009 - 2017 climatemps.com - Sitemap - Contact Us - Privacy Policy