Aberdeen, Scotland Climate & Temperature
- Aberdeen, Scotland, Uk is at 57°10'N, 2°12'W, 65 m (213 ft). See map.
- Aberdeen, Scotland has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Aberdeen, Scotland is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 7.8 degrees Celsius (46 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 11.1 °C (20°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 6.1°C (42.9°F) on average falling to 0°C (32.1°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 10.4°C (50.8°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 2.9°C (37.2°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 17.3°C (63.1°F) and average low temperatures are 9.1°C (48.4°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 12.1°C (53.7°F) during the day and lows of 5.1°C (41.2°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 784 mm (30.9 inches) which is equivalent to 784 Litres/m² (19.23 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1401 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Aberdeen, Scotland you would come out nearest to the climate station at Macquarie Island, Australia where you would find a Tundra climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Aberdeen, Scotland, Uk Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Orkney Islands, Uk - 200.7 kms (124.7 miles) NNW
- Stornoway, Outer Hebridies, Uk - 270.2 kms (167.9 miles) WNW
- Kinloss, Uk - 96.5 kms (60 miles) WNW
- Dalwhinnie, Scotland, Uk - 126 kms (78.3 miles) WSW
- Tiree, Uk - 294.7 kms (183.1 miles) WSW
- Edinburgh, Scotland, Uk - 150.7 kms (93.6 miles) SSW
- Glasgow, Scotland, Uk - 199.1 kms (123.7 miles) SW
- Malin Head, Ireland - 375.7 kms (233.4 miles) WSW
- Eskdalemuir, Scotland, Uk - 217.2 kms (135 miles) SSW
- Ballykelly, Northern Ireland, Uk - 380 kms (236.1 miles) SW
- Belfast-Aldergrove, Uk - 375.9 kms (233.6 miles) SW
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, Uk - 376.7 kms (234.1 miles) SW
- Douglas, Isle Of Man, Uk - 364.3 kms (226.4 miles) SSW
- Manchester, England, Uk - 420.7 kms (261.4 miles) S